Thursday 12 June 2014

Hello

Welcome to Kekx Kreations' official blog! For those who are new, Kekx Kreations is a cake decorating home business based in the western suburb of Werribee, Victoria, Australia. We make custom cakes & cupcakes for all occasions as well as handmade sugar decorations. Our main web page is in Facebook (www.facebook.com/kekxkreations) for now. Of course, I hope one day we will grow to the extend that it justifies us having a proper dot.com.


 
I'm the creative director aka cake decorator of Kekx Kreations, with the support of my lovely family. KEKX represents the initials of all of us. And it is pronounced as "CAKES"! So yeah, I think it's my destiny, although for the first 38 years of my life, I would never have imagined myself doing what I'm doing today!

My cake decoration journey began with a glimpse of my sister-in-law's fondant creations photos online in 2011. I was curious and I asked her to show me one day, via Facetime, how she did her craft. By then, I had tried quilting and was getting rather sick of knitting. I started with a small pack of RTR fondant and some liquid colouring and some cookie cutters. It was fun and I decided to try my luck covering a cake. In January 2012, I received my first 'order' from a lovely friend, who gave me the opportunity to make a cake for her son's birthday. It was CARS theme...yes, Lightning McQueen was my first sugar figurine :) Here's the pic.




2012: My first creation
The result was rather amateur, of course. Nevertheless the grandma, mom and boy were very impressed and their happiness gave me great satisfaction and motivation to carry on. I picked up a lot of my skills from reading scores of cake decoration books borrowed from the library and slowly, I also acquired more cake decoration tools to help me. My first investment was a set of gumpaste flower moulding tools which I still use today. My first rolling pin, I borrowed it from my son's PlayDough play set. (He kept reminding me it was on loan.) It was so small and so nimble for rolling small pieces of fondant, I almost wanted to buy PlayDough sets just for its roller! I used it all the time and didn't return him until recently when I bought a proper one. Thanks son! 

It has been more than 2 years since and today, I'm starting off as a small business as a home based cake decorator. After more than 70 cakes under my belt, I still find that I have lots more to learn. As I grow and develop in my skills and be blessed with opportunities to create wonderful memories for people through my cakes, I hope you will enjoy reading our stories as we share with you our projects, growth, learning, tips and tutorials here. Secretly, my childhood ambition was to be an author :p

2013: See the difference between now and then?
Well, just to encourage all aspiring cake decorators, if I can do it, you can too :)



I realised that writing wasn't really my talent but I love to express my thoughts in writing. I hope I will always find inspiration and time to write and share snippets of our cake decorating here to keep this blog fun and interesting for all our fans. So stay tuned and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete